[AccessD] Conditional Formatting Puzzler - Access 2007

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Feb 12 16:26:41 CST 2013

Hi Brad

Why not just use the Format property and specify a colour:

0.00;[Red]-0.00

/gustav

Subject: [AccessD] Conditional Formatting Puzzler - Access 2007

All,

I have used Conditional Formatting a few times in the past and never ran into any problems.
Recently, I stumbled upon something that seems strange.

I have an Access 2007 report with an amount field.  If the amount is negative, I simply want to change the font color to red.
I set up a single "Conditional Formatting" condition that says "Field Value Is" "Less than" 0.
The Preview shows the field in red.
However, when I view the report, the field is shown in black and not in red.

I must be missing something.  This seems so simple.  It appears that Access is not detecting that the fields is negative.

Thanks,
Brad