[AccessD] Adding Bar Coding and Scanners to an Access Application

James Button jamesbutton at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Feb 14 13:41:23 CST 2013

There are bar-code fonts - not sure about the viability of "A" in all fonts,
or the reliability (readability)  of such printouts

As far as input - you'd need a scanner that (before USB) input data serially
as if from a com port.
That could be collected to a file, or in current environments  managed by
  - wireless connection - hand-held device

And - it's also ages (eons) since I did any of 'that stuff'

Probably the best startpoint would be your local (grocery) stores to see
what they are using, and get the users opinions of their reliability

JimB