[AccessD] Out of a paper bag

John W Colby jwcolby at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 11:25:50 CST 2013

Arthur,

You were the one that told me that long ago.  I thought I would allow you to lay claim to it if you
so desired, without pointing fingers so to speak.  ;)

 >I thought that a progress meter would be a useful class.

I actually do that in a form in my framework.  It turns out that forms are classes that can be the
visual interface, host code and controls and so forth.  So sure, let's do a progress meter.

The one thing that needs to be understood is that VBA is 'single threaded' meaning that the user
interface and the rest of the application is all running on a single thread and if something takes a
long time to execute (a query for example), then the user interface appears to lock up.

John W. Colby

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it