[AccessD] Posting an Article

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Mon Feb 18 16:12:07 CST 2013

"...Jim use to put up whatever he liked. I don't think anyone edits
Anything..."; Susan Harkins.

As the DBA website was a community site it relied on contributions from the
Accessd community. The more involvement the more contribution the site would
need. Over the years the site slowly became the soul responsibility of
myself to make sure the site was up and running, to add all the features and
content, approach all for contributions, in lue of that, to find all the
content and to make it all fit within a stable and standardized framework.

The site went from just a community site to a site designed to showcase the
talents and businesses of the various members. It seemed the sites
popularity continued to grow (almost 3000 hits a week) but community's
contribution lagged. Finally, it reached a point where one of two roads had
to be chosen. One, of much more community involvement would be required so
the site's responsibilities could be spread more evenly or two, the site
would have to become commercial so that some of the costs of time and labour
of the contributions could be sponsored and appropriately encouraged...in
otherwise, it would have to become a business.

Neither of the two alternatives were followed up on. If you want to follow
the first option then it is YOU that must step forward and take
responsibility for it is not any individuals position to assume soul
responsibility or blame that the site has not lived up to personal
expectation because it is equally YOUR site.

Enough said.
Jim

PS. Susan use to be the editor but she has forgotten.