[AccessD] OT - Best Web Language

Paul Hartland paul.hartland at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 18 17:04:43 CST 2013

To all,

The other day I posted an OT about starting to learn VB.net whilst I am out
of work, I am using the Microsoft Visual Studio Express as I can't afford
to purchase the full Visual Studio suite, and I got some very useful
answers and pointers etc.  Today I have been contacted by a recruitment
agency that has an off the shelf product linked into SQL Server, and want
to employ someone on a contract basis to develop a more bespoke front end,
but will also want a web front end which will enable their staff to logon
and fill in their timesheet etc, and I was wondering what would be the best
or mixture of languages to use ASP, PHP, Java, HTML etc and if I write
something how could I test it on my machine at home ? as I have a meeting
with them this Friday 22nd February, it sounds like they would be willing
to spend a little on a training course for me, but not holding them to it.

Thank you for any help in advance.

--
Paul Hartland
paul.hartland at googlemail.com