[AccessD] Upcoming blogs - was Re: Tired of this List

John W Colby jwcolby at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 21:11:48 CST 2013

jwcolby.blogspot.com

I hate the blogging tool and the blogging process, but I love that it is finally being published in
a "permanent" location.  Piece by piece I will eventually get it all written.  Next up will be a
clsCtlCbo to do the background color change specifically for my friend Arthur.

Once those two control wrappers are out there I will likely add functionality to them.  For example
I use the double click event of the combo to open a form bound to the table behind a combo, moving
to the record that the combo is displaying, allowing the edit of that (or any) record.  Or moving to
the new record if the combo is blank (not displaying a record).  This is a very useful behavior for
a combo, and one which I developed specifically so that my users could get at the table behind the
combo.

After that I will tackle the date formatting for the text box.

These kinds of behaviors are precisely the reasons for control wrappers and demonstrate why classes
and events are so important in moving to the next level.

John W. Colby

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it