[AccessD] Tony's comments

Tony Septav TSeptav at Uniserve.com
Wed Feb 20 13:00:57 CST 2013

Hey John
And you were just as bumptious then as you are now.
Makes me smile, please do not take offence.

Tony Septav
Nanaimo, BC
Canada

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of John W Colby
Sent: February-20-13 12:43 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Tony's comments

Yep, yep and yep.

BTW did you know I was a founding member of the Access user's group in SD?
That was back in '94 or
thereabouts.  I got a job through Volt Technical building an Access db and
there was no help, even
very few books.  There used to be this little computer oriented rag in the
area with a 'wanted'
section.  Someone advertised to start an Access User's Group and I answered
the ad along with about
5 other people.  It was a god send.

Then came the internet and AccessD.

There is no Access specific user's group here in Raleigh-Durham, I looked
the other day.

John W. Colby

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it

On 2/20/2013 12:44 PM, Rocky Smolin wrote:

> I have been active in the Access Users Group of San Diego for many years.
> When I first started with them in I think 1997, there used to be 40-50
> attendees at the monthly meetings, sometimes more.  Now they're lucky to
get
> ten.
>
> If we're trying to figure out how to bring back the glory days of AccessD
> we're probably rowing upstream.  But I think that just means expanding the
> lists to include the newer platforms like we have done with SQL and tech
> lists.
>
> Maybe we should try a 'Web' list which would encompass all things web
> related in our development worlds - like C++, Java, Alpha 5, Mobile apps,
> etc.
>
> Rocky

-----
No virus found in this message.