[AccessD] Tony's comments

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Wed Feb 20 14:35:07 CST 2013

Hi David:

You have got my attension.

Keep us posted my good man.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of David McAfee
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:43 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Tony's comments

We mainly use ADPs at work. I read they are officially deprecated as of
A2013.
I think VBA  as we know it is going away too, not sure if it is A2013 or
not.

So we're currently web-ifying all of our projects. Some of them are going
to Azure, others NoSQL.

It may just be me, but I'd welcome any discussions whether it be Access,
VB, .Net, C#, Azure, HTML5, Javascript, CSS.

:)

Other may feels it would clutter this list, but if Access is dying and we
all have various other experiences, I think we could help each other out.

Just me,

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 7:58 AM, Jim Dettman <jimdettman at verizon.net> wrote:

> NOTE: This is a two part message because for some weird reason, the list
> keeps telling me it's larger then 20kb.
>
> All,
>
>   Arthur brought up some excellent points:
>
> 1. "is that we have co-educated one another to the point that we know most
> of the answers to most of the obvious questions."
>
> 2. "What is also obvious is that we are failing to attract new minnows.
> It's
> possible that this is because the pool of ambitious Access power-users is
> shrinking."
>
>   Those two points go to the heart of the matter; Access is a mature
> product, other products have moved into it's niche, and as a result no one
> is doing anything new with it.
>
>   For example, why is not anyone talking about Azure or Access web
> databases?  Because no one (or very few) are doing anything with them.
>  Most
> of us have moved onto other things, so there is nothing new to talk about.
> Tony's comment of "Nowadays new Access projects are drying up faster then
> the Sahara"  is spot on.  It's not just here either, but everywhere.
The