[AccessD] AccessD never changes

Martin Reid mwp.reid at qub.ac.uk
Thu Feb 21 02:22:27 CST 2013

For whats it worth my own personal thinking on the list.

I hope Access D never changes. Without it I would not be doing what I do now. I no longer work with Access but what I learnt here and especially the people I met here give me the skills and knowledge to push ahead. I have done things in the many years I have been a member and been places I never thought I would see and most of it is based around the foundation and the people of this group.

Has Access died, certainly for me other than a reporting tool for SharePoint. Is MS focus of the desktop, based on my knowledge and meetings here with them I would say the web is everything now.

Is AccessD dead, I don't think the spirit of AccessD will ever be. AccessD to me is the people here. Not the posts or the perceived lack of quality of the post, it's the friends I have made, the people I met and the help and experience I have received.

Today I am heading up Business Services at Queens University one of the top Universitirs in the UK, I have written several books, I have learnt about life, programming and other things on AccessD from those involved. I have made lifelong friends here.

AccessD and the people involved is something that has touched and in many cases changed lives, I know because it changed mine.

Still cant spell worth S%^t but who cares!!

Martin