[AccessD] Re-linking Issue

John Clark John.Clark at niagaracounty.com
Fri Feb 22 11:53:14 CST 2013

Well...what I have now done, is to allow the DB to update itself to 2010, and after doing this, link manager was enabled. It let me go in and alter the link, and I am not in and using the program. I think I just learned something, because I never knew this to be the case.

This won't fix me for good though, because I don't think that department is all up to date and on 2010. So, I've got to find out what version they do have and go from there.

>>> "Jim Dettman" <jimdettman at verizon.net> 2/22/2013 12:12 PM >>>
<<But, my immediate question...my request fro y'all...is how to open link
manager? It is grayed out, and I'm thinking the reason is that I am now
using MS Access 2010, and these programs report as being "Access 97 file
format." Is this the case...that since they are in a different format, link
manager won't run? And, if so, how can I get around this?>>

Still should work.  What's most likely is that it was not installed.  The
other issue is if it is a runtime version. Wizards are not available under
the runtime.

  You can double check quick by creating a blank DB in 2010, link to a
external table, then see if the linked table manager is still grayed out.

Jim.