[AccessD] Read some fields from a record in a table and writethe data to another recorded in the table

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Thu Feb 28 13:37:43 CST 2013

Hi Steve,

The code I posted was a minimal solution,  Yes, set rs1 and rs2 to Nothing and Close them.
(Access garbage collection should do it automatically when the procedure  exits, but it is
good practice to always explicitly destroy objects as soon as you have finished with them.

It's also good to see you have included error handling.

One comment.  Your solution is very inefficient.  You are updating the record once for each
field,  You only need to do the Update after setting all the field values.  You should change

 For x = 0 To 20
    strFieldName = "BW0" & Format$(x, "00")
    rs2(strFieldName) = rs1(strFieldName)
    rs2.Update