[AccessD] Windows 8 Tablet and Access/Office 2010

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Jan 1 03:32:18 CST 2013

Hi Charlotte

If your Office install is an OEM install, it is Samsung business. If your install is a purchase at the app store, it is Microsoft.

However, an OEM (trial) install should be preinstalled. If you then later download a retail Office, you probably have a mixed installation where Office can't sort the license keys out. If so, we've been able to solve it this way in Win7. Should be same though with Win8 Desktop:

Find ospp.vbs in the Office14 folder under Program Files\Microsoft Office.

Run as Administrator:
  cscript ospp.vbs
to obtain a list of all parameters.

Run this with /dstatus:
  cscript ospp.vbs /dstatus
You will then se all PKCs in use incl. the original of the (trial) OEM version as well as the newest which perhaps is activated.

Remove all not usable product keys one by one with:
    cscript ospp.vbs /unpkey:XXXXX
where XXXXX is the last five characters in the product key from the status list.

If the installed full PCK perhaps isn't activated, it can be done right away:
    cscript ospp.vbs /act

Voilá! Open Word or Excel; under Help everything about a trial license is gone.

/gustav