[AccessD] Access Database on Web

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Tue Jan 1 08:43:19 CST 2013

Thanks to all who have already given me some advice.  I have more
questions, and they go outside Access, so maybe I have to move my
questions to the dba-tech list. Moderators, please advise.

I've been playing with MySQL, using UwAMP and phpMyAdmin to run some
tutorials.  I've also downloaded a huge MySQL reference manual and have
begun studying it.  Using the phpMyAdmin I have a WYSIWYG interface for
connecting to the localhost/mysql server to play around.  The reference
manual speaks of what looks like a command line connection for invoking
MySQL.  This one I don't follow.  How do I invoke MySQL from the DOS
window?  Where do I have to be?  How do I make the connection that the
phpMyAdmin seems to make so easily?  Or, should I just wait until that
part makes sense to me and stick with the WYSIWYG interface for now?

The database structure for MySQL seems to be that the database is a
folder and the database objects are separate files within that folder.
Do I have that right?  That's the way the old dBase structure was, if I
recall correctly.

I do appreciate the hand-holding, my friends.  There's so much to learn
in a short time!

Tina Norris Fields
tinanfields at torchlake.com
231-322-2787