[AccessD] State/County table part 2

Kathryn Bassett kathryn at bassett.net
Tue Jan 1 18:29:13 CST 2013

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xafzeh21sj6fyxu/MarriageIndex.accdb
In case this makes a difference overall, I'm using 2010, but need to make
sure the database will work on 2007. So do I need to do something to that
end? I'm thinking the extension needs to be .mdb? My friend was able to open
it to look at it, but that doesn't mean there isn't something else that may
crop up.

On to my question. Take a look at frmDataEntry. The dropdown for State
works, but how does the data entry person know which County to use? For
instance, there's Adams counties in several different states.

Feel free to change the form or whatever underlying thing that needs
changing to make it work if you have a way to send it back. But since it's
large, you may not be able to do that. If that's the case, tell me step by
step what I need to do to get it working. Screen captures off list (since
list is text only) would work to show me things that are harder to describe.

Thanks for the help!

--
Kathryn Rhinehart Bassett (Pasadena CA)
"Genealogy is my bag" "GH is my soap"