[AccessD] Windows 7 Running Cached Old Version Of MDB

Andy Lacey andy at minstersystems.co.uk
Mon Jan 7 08:11:29 CST 2013

Interesting Jim. You're right that the MDB is in a sub-folder within C:\Program
Files, but "Everyone" already has Full Control rights to that sub-folder, not
least so that the LDB can be created and deleted. It would be quite a bit of
work to move the MDB because everyone on the site is setup the same way and
there are sub-sub-folders used too. What else can I do to avoid this? To my mind
it's pretty amazing (and not in a good way) that such a fundamental thing as "I
tell the OS to open a file and it opens it" has changed to "I tell the OS to
open a file and it may decide to open a different one (and without telling me
that that's what it has done)".

Andy