[AccessD] ACCESS2003 Function is not Expression

Tony Septav TSeptav at Uniserve.com
Wed Jan 9 14:04:37 CST 2013

Hey Gary
Thanks Kindly
I will do some checking.
This thing has got me baffled. It works on my machine and the only
difference is the client's machine has Access 2010 installed.
Thanks again.

Tony Septav
Nanaimo, BC
Canada

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Gary Kjos
Sent: January-09-13 1:57 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] ACCESS2003 Function is not Expression

Hi Tony,

Have you checked for missing references on your client's PC?

Sometimes it's a matter of changing the sequence of the references.

Here are some links that show how to check references that may be
applicable.

http://www.access-diva.com/d5.html

http://allenbrowne.com/ser-38.html

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/undefined-function-date-expression-t1171993
.html

http://www.wiredbox.net/forum/Thread486297_Undefined_function_Date_in_expres
sion.aspx

http://www.anysitesupport.com/access-undefined-function-right-in-expression/

GK

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 5:50 PM, Tony Septav <TSeptav at uniserve.com> wrote:
> Thanks to all who have responded
>
> It is a simple
>
> Variable response in a field in the Query Grid
>
> eg - Something: left([Field],1)
>

> I have tried the same thing using many different tables. Each query when
run
> generates the same error message on the client's machine (not mine).  As
> mentioned I have his laptop so I can try different scenarios.
>
> As many of you have mentioned (myself included) I have seen this before,
but
> thinking at the time I would never forget what caused the message I never
> wrote it down.
>
> I do not want any cheese with my "Whine", but Windows 7 security has
caused
> me endless grief in my coding.  The latest being, on my install I put the
> front end in a subfolder in the Program Files (or (x86) )folder, when the
> program tried to do a "repair and compact on exit" a message would appear
> telling me something like I did  not have ADMIN rights to do this.
>
> So I had to change my install location for the front end.
>

> This is "mystery meat" and I either solve it or rewrite it to come at it
> from a different direction. Ask me if I am frustrated.
>

> Thanks Again

Gary Kjos
garykjos at gmail.com