[AccessD] Citrix

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Thu Jan 24 09:37:38 CST 2013

 There are many business that still run Windows Server 2003 even today.  In
fact I would even say most.  Despite what Microsoft thinks, it's not easy to
always be on the latest release, VM or not.

 Middleware (backup software, anti-virus, spam control, firewalls, etc) and
application software all need to be in agreement about what they can run
under.  And in regards to stability and ROI, it's in a company's best
interest to stay on something as long as possible.   With the economy having
been what its been since 2008, a lot of companies are just starting to
entertain moving to Windows 2008 server.   I haven't heard of anyone moving
to 2012 yet...it's just too new.

Jim.