[AccessD] (H)OT: Tradeshift

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Jan 25 01:46:41 CST 2013

Hi Jim

Yes, this has a huge potential for sure.

The idea is that electronic invoicing through Tradeshift is free for both
sender and receiver no matter how many or few invoices you issue. This way
they hope to attract clients to their portal which also offer - for a small
fee - transfer of quotations, orders, and any other document, as well as -
and that is the really interesting part - payment of invoices and, later,
advanced payment - a sort of factoring where the seller may receive the
payment before the buyer pays. This is where PayPal comes in because that,
of course, requires financing.

I can add that for some years invoicing via paper to any authority in
Denmark has not been allowed; you have to send it through some electronic
service - Tradeshift is one. If you snail-mail a paper invoice, it will
simply be rejected. This has been decided to save a vast amount of
unproductive time at the many authorities but also to encourage the private
businesses to implement electronic invoicing, thus saving money. This
happens slowly with some success. Most major corporations now reject paper
invoicing and the trend is moving downwards at some speed. Still, most small
businesses here accept invoices e-mailed as a PDF file.

/gustav