[AccessD] Access App to Web Page

Tony Septav TSeptav at Uniserve.com
Thu Jan 31 14:37:04 CST 2013

Hey Jim
Thanks. Will do some research.

Tony Septav
Nanaimo, BC
Canada

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Jim Dettman
Sent: January-31-13 2:15 PM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Access App to Web Page

<<They have a limited budget and would like quote.>>

Have them consider:

 www.eqldata.com

Or depending on the number of users, a terminal services server that they
remote into.  If you use Windows 2008 R2 or Citrix, that can happen in a
browser window.

Beyond that, it's a re-write.  If the app needs are *very* simple, an Access
2013 web database might fit the bill.  Note however you'd need Access
Services for SharePoint (requires an Enterprise license).  But because of
the licensing cost, most opt for an Office 365 subscription.  Since that
brings you back to something like www.eqldata.com (a subscription), why
bother with a re-write at all?

 If they really do want it to run browser based, then ASP.net is usually the
product of choice.

Jim.