[AccessD] VBA Field Names - Curiosity Question

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 11:24:23 CDT 2013

I know I'm going to be busted for this but I need to say it anyway. I think
that Hungarian prefixes are Wrong. I am devoted to the school of Hungarian
suffixes, which means:

Customers_All_qs ' that means Query Select
Customers_One_qs ' that means Query Select with an ID provided
Customers_Insert ' duh.
Customers_Delete ' duh

The point of doing Hungarian suffixes is to group the objects by
entity-name. Prefixes do not achieve this and the more involved the app the
more difficult approaching it becomes. That's why I invented and switched
to Hungarian suffix notation. If you're dealing with 100 or more tables,
Hungarian prefix is going to cost you 10 or maybe 20 hours per week,
looking for the object of interest.

So, in honour and respect for the man who wrote Excel, I'll stick with the
Hungarian part of the nomenclature, but I with to call it Hungarian suffix
rather than prefix. And I think that I am right in this small revision of
the Bible.

A.