[AccessD] A2003: Excel Question - Exporting Values as hyperlinks

Darren darren at activebilling.com.au
Wed Jul 3 00:06:58 CDT 2013

Hi Ya'll (Darryl et al)

How do I output a recordset to excel and have the resulting excel doc treat
one of the field's values (literal paths to docs) as a hyperlink?

I have no knowledge or real experience with Excel automation apart from the
"docmd.TransferSpreadsheet" command.

I have values like "T:\SomeFolder\SomeNumberedFolder\somePDFFile.pdf" stored
in a field.

I can export these to Excel using xfer spreadsheet but how do I make the
value's 'clickable' in the resulting XL doc?

I want users to click or double click the hyperlink field value and open the
associated doc as per the stored path.

Make sense?

Many thanks in advance

DD