[AccessD] VBA Field Names - Curiosity Question

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Wed Jul 3 17:24:47 CDT 2013

Agree, what is the "danger of globals" if you:

a.  identify them properly using a naming convention
b. use them properly by only writing them in one location and
c.  trap errors properly.

Same with Goto.  It's a perfectly valid command which does exactly the same as the heavily
used assembler JMP,JNE etc instructions.

It's "abuse", not "use" that have given these two their bad reputations.

(But I haven't actually used a GOTO for many, many years - I've never found a situation yet
where there wasn't a "more elegant" solution <g>)

--
Stuart