[AccessD] VBA Field Names - Curiosity Question

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Thu Jul 4 04:22:05 CDT 2013

Followed by 185 lines of code.

Good news on modern dev tools as VS is that they optimize subroutines calls and so having 185 code lines long "clean code sequence" would execute as fast as 15+ subroutines representing the same logic. Hope VBA will get such compilation and execution features in the future versions.
I have quoted "clean code sequence" just to note that "code clearness" is dependent IMO on many factors.

-- Shamil
Wednesday, July  3, 2013 10:15 PM -07:00 from "Rocky Smolin" <rockysmolin at bchacc.com>:
> Figuring out how to write a module without the use of GoTo is fun, a bit
> challenging in some cases, and 'more elegant' as you say.
>
> I use GoTo because it produces a nice clear sequence.  For example: If
> condition true, then followed by 185 lines of code, followed by end if so
> you have to go all the way to the end of the 185 lines to find out what
> happens of the condition is false.
>
> As opposed to If condition False then GoTo ExitModule:
>
> Followed by 185 lines of code.
>
> Rocky

Салахетдинов Шамиль