[AccessD] VBA Field Names - Curiosity Question

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Thu Jul 4 06:10:21 CDT 2013

 Hi Stuart --

I'm sorry if my note on "code clearness being dependent on many factors" wasn't accepted there as it was intended to: that wasn't critique of 185 lines long of VBA code - I do realize that 185 codes lines sequence in VBA will execute (much) quicker than 15+ functions/subs especially if that subs/functions will be called in long running cycle(s).

As for modern dev tools the news are good here - they do use different compilation optimization techniques ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optimizing_compiler ) as e.g. inline functions' ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inline_function )  compilation time inline expansion ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inline_expansion ), which I meant and which is " enabling transformation for other  optimization s ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optimization_(computer_science) )...

Hope VBA will get something like that in the future.

Once again I'm sorry to hear my note was accepted as criticism there - it wasn't my intention.

I must also note I typed my prev.posting from my WinPhone - so it was short and it was not clear enough AFAIS. I will try to make my posting more detailed in the future.

Thank you.

-- Shamil