[AccessD] Hooking into APIs of supplemental vendors

James Button jamesbutton at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jul 9 02:23:54 CDT 2013

Hi,

A word of warning -

I worked on an investment banking system with inbuilt currency conversion,
and had to rewrite a module to use the equivalent of 'doubles' because some
currencies hit 9 places to the £
that means that a simple conversion to/from £ needed 18 places of accuracy

Not useing that accuracy may not be a practical concern for the investor,
but it sure can make it impossible to balance the accounts.
£100,000.00 invested at 200,000,000,000 to the £
and then 'sold' at - say 185,500,000,000

JimB