[AccessD] Hooking into APIs of supplemental vendors

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Tue Jul 9 14:59:12 CDT 2013

Or you add 30 zeros to a string, position the real value minus a decimal
point, save decimal point position in a separate small integer field and
then the calculations are performed in double integers. You then do your own
rounding scheme and the calculated decimal point position is apply for
presentation.

(Did that a few years ago for fairly comprehensive Access to AccPac to MS
SQL project.) It is supposed to be a more accurate way to handle these large
values but I have no conformation one way or the other.

Jim