[AccessD] Getting around old workgroup security

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Thu Jul 11 12:21:05 CDT 2013

John,

  Not sure if you saw my off-line e-mail or not yesterday, but it's sounds
like your on your way.

  To de-secure a DB, you need the workgroup file it was secured with.

  Login as admin, open the DB, and then assign all rights to the users group
for all objects (which is the same in every workgroup file).

  If your going to continue to use the same workgroup file with it, you can
then set the admin user to a blank password.

  To strip out any remaining security, you'll need to start Access normally
using the standard workgroup file, create a new db container, and then
import all objects from the old DB.

Jim.