[AccessD] Getting around old workgroup security

John Clark John.Clark at niagaracounty.com
Fri Jul 12 09:30:06 CDT 2013

Well, I've basically done all of this, and all was looking good, until...

The main db (front-end) links to two other dbs. And, that 2nd db...housing most of the data...also links two tables to the 3rd db...both the front-end, and the one back-end link to the 3rd db, which has only 2 tables.

I found the user-level security wizard and ran that for each of the 3. 2 were fine, but the db w/all the data errors out. It says, "the microsoft jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time." This is NOT the case though.

I have a feeling that, if I could get past this road block, that it would be my last.

>>> "Heenan, Lambert" <Lambert.Heenan at aig.com> 7/12/2013 9:05 AM >>>
Quote from the horse's mouth:

" 34.How can I "de-secure" a database?
You need to have Administer permissions and/or be a member of the Admins group. Grant full permissions to the Users group and the Admin user account. Put the Admin user back in the Admins group and remove the password from the Admin user. You will not be prompted for a logon ID and password once the password is removed from the Admin user. Optionally, you can also run the Security Wizard again to transfer ownership of all objects back to the Admin user, but the wizard will also remove permissions from the Users group, which you may not want. "

Lambert

Notice: This electronic transmission is intended for the sole use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, privileged or otherwise legally protected information. If you are not the intended recipient, or if you believe you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information, is strictly prohibited. Niagara County is not responsible for the content of any external hyperlink referenced in this email or any email.
IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS TRANSMISSION IN ERROR, PLEASE NOTIFY THE SENDER IMMEDIATELY BY EMAIL AND DELETE THE ORIGINAL MESSAGE ALONG WITH ANY PAPER OR ELECTRONIC COPIES.
Thank you for your cooperation.