[AccessD] What is PostgreSQL Server and why do I have it

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue Jul 16 22:57:59 CDT 2013

PostgreSQL Server and MySQL Server (along with the forked MariaDB) are the two most
common open source RDBMSs.

http://www.postgresql.org/

I'd guess that some application you have installed uses it as the data storage component.

It should be using minimal CPU unles there is a problem with whatever application installed
it.  If it is using a lot of CPU, you do need to track down what is doing it.

--
Stuart