[AccessD] Using the SUBST command

Heenan, Lambert Lambert.Heenan at aig.com
Tue Jul 23 10:21:24 CDT 2013

Bryan,

This works for me...

Sub subst_Test()
    Const MYPATH = "L:\Applications"
    Const TESTFILE = "MyFile.txt"
    Dim fh As Long
    Dim Com As String

    Com = Environ("COMSPEC") ' get the correct path to the command line processor

    Shell (Com & " /c SUBST X: " & MYPATH) ' subst a drive letter
    ' output some data
    fh = FreeFile
    Open "X:\" & TESTFILE For Output As fh
    Print #fh, Date
    Close #fh
    MsgBox "Check folder" ' pause to take a peek
    Shell (Com & " /c SUBST X: /d") ' drop the subst drive
End Sub

I suspect that your problem may be the hard coded path to CMD.EXE. The above shows one way to get the correct path on any system.

HTH

Lambert