[AccessD] A2010 x-tab queries and LHS totals - grrrr!!

Charlotte Foust charlotte.foust at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 11:04:51 CDT 2013

Feeling a little better now that's off your chest?  ;-)

If you add a query totalling the values to the report source or tally the
values in code, you can put the totals at the top.  If I want to do this, I
usually build a subreport based on a totals query and put it in the report
header.  It makes perfect programming sense to have them at the bottom
because the entire report has to be run to generate them.  Calculating them
first would require running the underlying queries multiple times and is a
quantum increase in complexity and could lead to the dreaded "query is too
complex" error.

Charlotte