[AccessD] Good Feelings To All

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Mon Jun 17 10:49:53 CDT 2013

Tony,

  Well I'm not extinct yet (I've gotten into C#/.Net), but there's no doubt
the world has changed and AccessD remains stuck in the past.

  But none of that is new and nothing that hasn't been discussed on the list
before (last go a round was from one of your posts). Nor has the result
changed either - nothing changed.

  I'm not being harsh or negative here, but just stating the facts, which
has also been discussed before...

  The world has moved on from list formats such as this and is also moving
on from Access.

  I would not be shocked at all to see in the next release or two of
"Access" as we all know it to be called "done". Microsoft's sole focus at
this point is the cloud and Office 365.  With Access, I highly doubt you'll
see any new features for traditional "client" database apps.  If you do, it
will be end user features that make complex tasks simpler.  That's been the
trend since A2007 and A2013 had nothing new on the client side.

  Everything was about the web apps and that's where it's at...

Jim.