[AccessD] Access Development PC Keeps Dying

Brad Marks BradM at blackforestltd.com
Mon Jun 17 10:53:17 CDT 2013

All,

We have a single PC set up for Access Development  (The only PC with the Full Version of the Office Suite).

I use Remote Desktop to access this PC.

Recently, it has been going offline about two or three times per week and must be manually rebooted.  This happens at night when it is not being used.

I have a couple questions.  These really aren’t Access questions but I thought that others in this group may shed some light on them.

Is there some sort of log (XP SP3) that would help me discern why this PC is dying?  I came from the IBM Mainframe realm and I am familiar with mainframe system logs.

Also, I would like to set up an automated process (Perhaps with VB Script) to discern when this development PC goes offline.  This script would run on another server a few times each day and then send an e-mail if it detects that the Access Development PC has died.  Does anyone have ideas on how to do this?  I have limited VB Script experience.  Perhaps this would be possible with VBA, I am not sure.

Thanks,
Brad