[AccessD] VBA to find directory in url path

John W Colby jwcolby at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 11:11:06 CDT 2013

I need a method to pop up a find directory dialog which will work correctly on a URL as a starting
location.  I found code but it only works with "drives", even mapped drives are find.  However feed
it \\Anything and it fails to find the path.  I have written a little app to "scrub" (delete) data
from every native (non-linked) table in archived access databases.  The company needs to clean out
"Sensitive and Personal Information" out of old copies of database. I can do that by manually
pasting in URL paths but I want to provide this to other developers. Having it accept a URL to start
looking for the path to cleanse is much more user friendly.

So... I need a function which can accept a start directory of \\Somepath, and will then open a dir
find dialog starting at that location.

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it