[AccessD] Dental Software

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Wed Jun 19 11:25:22 CDT 2013

Well, you will have to do some investigation but as the package is Open GL,
you can just download and run it.

Many Dentists around here have had their own proprietary packages written
for particular aspects or their business, like scheduling/accounting or have
software (also proprietary) that accompanies their special equipment; 3D
tooth modeling, real-time X-Ray imagining and so on.

Aside: Many years ago the company that I was working for, at the time, did
some presentations to the local dentists to find out if we could help
them...it was decided at the last minute that the company would not pursue
development along that line.

IOW there seems to be no standardization amongst the dental community, here.

The OpenDental package and list of features looks really good. To really
make this package grow it will have to add Apple support at the very least
(most dental offices I have seen use Macs extensively) and Linux also as
well as Windows (a real mixed bag).

Looking at what the application is developed in, converting should not be a
big stretch. Mono and MySQL(MariaDB) runs on all platforms.

Jim