[AccessD] QyeryDef.Type dbQCompound

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Sun Jun 23 07:34:51 CDT 2013

Hi John

I think this is just a common way of talking about a query that it is a little more than a straight select/update/append query. My feeling is, that an Access compound query is something quite special with its own icon.

/gustav

>>> djkr at msn.com 23-06-13 13:55 >>>
Hi Gustav

Here's the best I can do (from http://www.informit.com/ and Sams Teach Yourself SQL in 24 Hours):

"The compound query operators vary among database vendors. The ANSI standard includes the UNION, UNION ALL, EXCEPT, and INTERSECT operators".

Which does seem to make sense.  After all a compound query is not merely a complex one, nor perhaps a query containing a subquery.  The SAMS book also says "Compound queries enable you to combine the results of more than one query to return a single set of data."  Exactly.

Whether this agrees with Access's use of the term, however, is another matter entirely!

John