[AccessD] QyeryDef.Type dbQCompound

DJK (John) Robinson djkr at msn.com
Sun Jun 23 08:41:29 CDT 2013

Hi Gustav

Well, a UNION query is compound in that it comprises two or more elements (queries), however complex or simple each is.
That's what 'compound' means in English.  But equally UNION (and INTERSECT and EXCEPT) queries can be called Set
Operation queries, because they can be considered as doing set operations.  Set Theory.

But I feel that you're trying to figure out what kinds of queries Access classifies as dbQCompound (and possibly
dbQSetOperation).  Now we're trying to second guess MS logic - the answer could be none!

John