[AccessD] QyeryDef.Type dbQCompound

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Sun Jun 23 11:35:01 CDT 2013

Hi John

Well, yes, but it didn't exist in Access 2.0 but exists in A97 so it has a purpose, I guess.

I found an Access 97 help file and it also states something like:

A query that is composed of at least one action query (a query that copies or changes data) and at least one select query (a query that returns a Recordset without changing data). In DAO, a compound query is created by putting two or more SQL statements (separated by semicolons) in the SQL property of a QueryDef object.

However, if I try that, an error is raised that characters are found after the semicolon ...

So, does an example exist?

/gustav

>>> djkr at msn.com 23-06-13 17:45 >>>
Hi Gustav

Do you think it may not be possible to encounter this value?  That MS have over-specified the QueryDefTypeEnum list?

For instance, I know four types of Action Queries in Access: Append, Delete, MakeTable and Update, each of which appears
in the list.  So what kind of query gives you dbQAction?  Some other kind of Action Query?  Do you know?

As an aside, I note that the MSDN lists for A07 and A13 describe dbQSetOperation as "Set operation", where the list for
A10 lists it as "Union".  Both valid, given that Access doesn't implement either INTERSECT or EXCEPT, at least AFAIK.

Good luck with the quest, but there may not be a pot of gold ...

John