[AccessD] Access 2007 - compacted

John W Colby jwcolby at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 09:32:08 CST 2013

Jim,

You didn't say what version of Access.

I have seen a bug where I would start running something (it was long ago and my memory is failing)
but basically if you watched the database in explorer it would just grow and grow and grow... IIRC
it was code executing that triggered it.  At any rate I would have to go into task manager and stop
it.  Decompile / compile / compact / repair and all would be right with the world including getting
rid of whatever was in the "expanded" container.

It was always in very complex containers.

John W. Colby

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it