[AccessD] Connect Access app to MySQL using a connection string not a DSN

jack drawbridge jackandpat.d at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 15:01:50 CST 2013

Found this at http://kb.globalscape.com/KnowledgebaseArticle10063.aspx

*DSN-less connections to a MySQL database*

The following string demonstrates an example connection string for a MySQL
database:

Provider=MSDASQL;DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 3.51
Driver};SERVER=10.10.10.1;DATABASE=Example;UID=myusername;PWD=mypassword;

 *NOTES:*

   - Do not put any line breaks in your connection strings.
   - You must have MDAC version 2.7 or higher to use a DSN-less connection.