[AccessD] Connect Access app to MySQL using a connection string not a DSN

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sat Mar 9 16:04:29 CST 2013

You can strip the following code down to a single
DoCmd.TransferDatabase......

I'll leave that as an exercise for the reader :-)

Const strMySQLConnect = "ODBC;.........

Function ConnectMySQL() As Long
Dim tdf As TableDef
For Each tdf In CurrentDb.TableDefs
    If Left$(tdf.Name, 3) = "tbl" Then
         renewlink tdf.Name, strMySQLConnect, False
    End If
Next
End Function

Function renewlink(tablename As String, datafile As String, AccessDb As Boolean) As Long
On Error Resume Next
DoCmd.DeleteObject acTable, tablename
On Error GoTo 0
Select Case AccessDb
Case True
DoCmd.TransferDatabase acLink, "Microsoft Access", datafile, acTable, tablename,
tablename, False
Case False
DoCmd.TransferDatabase acLink, "ODBC Database", datafile, acTable, tablename,
tablename, False
End Select
End Function

--