[AccessD] How do you change the priority permanently for MsAccess

Edward Zuris edzedz at comcast.net
Sun Mar 10 10:57:05 CDT 2013

 Question:

 While using Win7, how do you change the priority permanently for
MsAccess.exe ?

 Notes:

 I have a dual processor 3.7 gigabyte system using Windows7 Pro 64bit.

 This computer's main mission, its only mission, is to run an app written

 in Access-2003 32bit VBA several times per day quickly.

 What I have been doing to get the desired performance is do a
Ctrl-Control-Delete

 to start the Program-Manager.

 Then adjust that msAccess job's priority by hand.

 I been doing this by hand for the last year.

 Since I about to turn this over to another person it would most helpful

 to automate this priority changing process.

 By the way, I have noticed that when the Program-Manager starts up with

 it's priority already set to high.

 Thus that is a big clue such an action is possible.

 I would like to do the same for MsAccess.exe program launches.

 Hopeing that there some Databaseadvisors.com  knowledge on this subject.

 Any idea's on how to do that ?

 Thanks.

 Sincerely,

 Ed Zuris.