[AccessD] Big Problem & Little Problem - Live Date Tomorrow

John Clark John.Clark at niagaracounty.com
Tue Mar 12 14:56:24 CDT 2013

I think I've found it...I THINK!!!

I had a setting in the default value for that field, which actually called a procedure, and that procedure calculated the number. I took it OUT of default value, and called that procedure after INPUT of the mileage, which is the last field before you run the report. When you run the report, it actually closes the form, so it will, I'm sure, go into the DB at that time. It seems to work. In the morning, I'll put the new version on their PCs and I'll have them run a quick test of that duplicate entry again.

Thank you all for your input...it almost always helps w/I ask a question here. More times than not, one of you has the answer...but, sometimes just "talking it out" w/y'all helps lead me there anyhow.

>>> "Rocky Smolin" <rockysmolin at bchacc.com> 3/12/2013 3:49 PM >>>
Where is that number stored?  It should be incremented immediately when the
user creates to the new record.  If it's calculated by adding one to the
biggest existing number, then the record needs to be saved immediately.