[AccessD] Search a subform from a parent form

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 23:42:43 CDT 2013

Ah, Charlotte. My syntax guess was right. Thanks for confirming.

Interesting.... I'm not out of the words quite yet. I single-step from the
combo to the sub inside the child form, where the wiz-generated code says:

<vba>
    ? there's a parameter called intTarget...
    DoCmd.SearchForRecord , "", acFirst, "[ID] = " & intTarget
</vba>

This gives me the error message: The action or method is invalid because
the form or report isn't bound to a table or query.

But it is:
? Me.RecordSource
vCustomers ' a View

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 9:36 PM, Charlotte Foust
<charlotte.foust at gmail.com>wrote:

> Try Me.subformname.form.ProcName
>
> Charlotte
>
> On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 6:32 PM, Arthur Fuller <fuller.artful at gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > The combo box wizard lets you build a "finder" very easily. I want one of
> > those, only I want it located on this form's parent. In other words, even
> > though the finder is on the parent, I want it to search the subform.
> >
> > There's code in the subform to accept an argument and do the search. I've
> > declared  that procedure public. What is the syntax for calling that
> > procedure from the parent? Call SubformName.ProcName(arg)? Am I close?
> >
> > TIA,
> > --
> > Arthur
> > --

Arthur
Cell: 647.710.1314

Prediction is difficult, especially of the future.
  -- Niels Bohr