[AccessD] DoCmd.OpenFrom acHidden is not hidden

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Fri Mar 15 04:18:11 CDT 2013

 Hi Gustav --

If your calling/parent form doesn't have any special attributes set, IOW it's opened in a Normal form view, with no popup or modal modes 'On' then I'd guess that your

=SetVisible()

call of the child form's hidden textbox somehow 'weirdly interacts' with acHidden argument of  the executing call

  DoCmd.OpenForm "frmSomeForm", acNormal , , , , acHidden

I mean =SetVisible() could be called *before* Form Open event, and while being called it forces its form to start to be rendered but here acHidden argument comes into play...

I'd try to call SetVisible() in the form Open event

Me.MySoFarInvisbleTextBox.Visible = SetVisible()

Why do you use so unusual(?) way to make your form visible via an indirect call to the SetVisible() function?

Thank you.

-- Shamil