[AccessD] DoCmd.OpenFrom acHidden is not hidden

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Fri Mar 15 08:11:01 CDT 2013

This probably won't help but I do this in an app where a form opens so
slowly (lots of calcs and query data) that I open it hidden in the Open
event of the opening log in form:

DoCmd.OpenForm "frmRentalAgreement", , , , , acHidden

And keep it open hidden all the time the app is open.  When I want it to
show:

DoCmd.OpenForm "frmRentalAgreement"

And when I want it to disappear:

Me.Visible = False

on exiting the form, so it stays open all the time but hidden.

This is in A2K3, so later versions might not work the same.

Rocky