[AccessD] A97 and Win 7

John Clark John.Clark at niagaracounty.com
Fri Mar 15 14:08:57 CDT 2013

Ah...that is a thought...something that I did think of earlier, but had forgotten...uninstalling all, and then going in "older-first" order. Maybe I'll try that Monday...I'm tapped...been at this for two whole days w/zip for results.

And, now I'm wondering if it is even possible for 64-bit. Any instructions that I have been given prove to not work.

The biggest holdup actually, seems to be a font...Tahoma. I follow the directions right along, and all is alright...UNTIL...I get to the part where I have to update A97 to SR2. To do this, it says you MUST remove 4 font files...Comic and Tahomas...but the Tahoma will not go, says it is a "Windows System Font." I cannot remove, move, or change the name of this file. So, I try to run SR2 anyhow, and it bombs. The log points to the Tahoma font.

Now, if I do a version check on the Jet 3.5, it says it is Service pack 3 (SP3) w/enhanced security ...3.51.3328.0

I don't know...back to the drawing board on Monday I guess.

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 2:20 PM, John Clark <John.Clark at niagaracounty.com>wrote:

> OK, I am confused. I've been told...definitively...that Access 97 will not
> run on Win 7...and that it can. So, what is the answer from this group?

I run A97 on Win 7 32 bit all the time along with various later versions. I
don't have a version installed on 64 bit Win 7. I think I installed them in
the order of earlier versions before later.