[AccessD] Access Workgroup Security [WAS: A97 and Win 7]

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Tue Mar 19 12:34:30 CDT 2013

You are correct John that you can not run a 32 bit application like Access97
on a 64 bit box without some sort of emulator or virtual drive.

If you did get some emulator or VM running then there would be issues with
the 32 bit drivers that would not be compatible with the environment, the
hardware and A97.

I would bale on this as it is more effort than it is worth and a solution
would never work reliably. The time involved, in such an effort would be
better spent re-writing the application.

In summary, with a new application there are so many new features that can
be accessed in this new environment.

Jim