[AccessD] OT-Stand alone keypad device

James Button jamesbutton at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Mar 31 15:55:56 CDT 2013

Keyboards return a 2 byte code to the driver, and that passes on the
appropriate data to whatever app, or additional 'driver' the OS considers to
be 'connected' to the keyboard.

That's the way that the keyboards with the extra keys work
as in press the email key and you get the email app loaded
or
press the volumee down and the volume is changed

So - it should not be too difficult to either modify such a driver,
or
have the app selected by the OS for activation, or receipt of the control
request modified.

There are also 'keyboard macro' utilities that 'install' between the
keyboard device driver and the OS handler for that driver's output

Now re the numeric keypad I have seen add-on's in teh shops for tablet
systems.

Maybe start a Google search with keys of
keyboard express

and -
Auto recorder
macro recorder