[AccessD] Dropbox/MS Access problem.

Doug Steele dbdoug at gmail.com
Mon May 27 14:11:47 CDT 2013

I got a baffled call from a client this morning, wanting to know why I had
changed their back end from an .mdb file to an .accdb file.

I said I had downloaded the accdb file from their Dropbox account to work
on it.  The client said they didn't have an accdb file on Dropbox.

Assuming that I had had (yet another) senior moment, I logged in and sure
enough, the copy of the back end was definitely an mdb.

Then, before my very eyes, as soon as I clicked on the mdb file to download
it, Dropbox changed the extension to 'accdb' on my computer (which only has
Office 2010 installed).  Arghhh!

I checked, and Dropbox doesn't do any conversion - it's just an mdb with
the wrong extension.  So be warned!

Doug